Group management profile
Select’s Group Management are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company and for establishing and implementing effective internal controls and risk management procedures to ensure that the businesses are conducted in a responsible manner.
The various departments of Group Management also provide technical assistance and specialized knowledge to the operations in the various countries of operation.
Sean O’SullivanGroup Chief Executive Officer
Shane Leas, CA (SA)Group Chief Financial Officer
Prior to joining Select Advisors, Shane held the role of Group Financial Manager at Sun International Limited where he was responsible for managing the full financial function of the listed group. His role entailed:
• Preparation of complex Consolidated Annual Financial Statements consisting of South African, Latin American and other African businesses;
• Managing the group’s central Treasury and Tax function;
• Managing the group’s deadlines on various deliverables;
- quarterly forecast planning,
- monitoring and reporting;
- annual budget planning,
- presenting quarterly reports to the Audit Committee;
- providing ad hoc and quarterly feedback to JSE Analysts; and
- implementing new IFRS accounting standards across the group.
• He was Chairman of the group’s Technical Accounting Committee (“TAC”)
• Formed part the team:
- Which refinanced the group’s external debt portfolio through an RFP process resulting in substantial annual group interest savings
- Which successfully executed two separate capital raises of R1.6 billion and R1.2 billion over a course of eighteen months through Rights Offers to Shareholders
- Concluding various merger and acquisition locally and internationally as well as disposing of non-core investments.
- Implemented a shared service model across the group.
- Which navigated a “Covid-19 business restructure”